The Treasurer must be a member of the Washington State Chapter of ACRL.
The Treasurer will serve a two-year term, which begins July 1.
- The Treasurer shall serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Record dues paid by members and maintain membership data within Wild Apricot membership software.
- Maintain the appropriate fiscal ledgers and provide budgetary information to the local and national chapter, and the Newsletter Editor as warranted.
- Prepare treasurer’s reports for all Board and Chapter meetings. Submit draft and/or final versions to the Newsletter Editor for inclusion in the Chapter newsletter. Submit final versions to the Webmaster for inclusion in the Chapter website.
- Keep archival copies of all appropriate documents.
- Maintain incorporation status by keeping the fees and forms current with the State of Washington.
- Maintain federal non-profit status by filing annual postcard.
- Ensure that liability insurance has been paid.
- Maintain domain registration.
- Maintain and manage PayPal account.
- Perform registration duties for Washington State ACRL Chapter programs that are hosted in Washington.
- Manage manual conference registration and payments.
- Reconcile all manual and online payments with a single check register for the Chapter bank account.
February: File federal e-postcard (990-N) to maintain non-profit status.
May: For the spring Board meeting, prepare, present and seek approval for 6-month treasurer’s report.
June (every other year): The current Treasurer shall pick up from the Bank of America the appropriate documentation needed to transfer authorization for access to the ACRL account. After signing the forms, the outgoing Treasurer will forward those documents to the incoming Treasurer.
July 1 (every other year): Treasurer needs to secure all appropriate signatures to transfer and secure authorization for access to ACRL account.
July: Complete and have the President sign and forward to the National Chapter Reimbursement Request form.
August: Complete the Nonprofit Corporate Renewal for the State of Washington
October: For the fall Board meeting prepare, present and seek approval for 6-month treasurer’s report. For the Annual Membership Meeting, present and distribute 6-month treasurer’s report to full membership.