The President must be an ALA/ACRL member and a member of the Washington State Chapter of ACRL.
The President shall serve a one-year term, which begins July 1. After completing the one-year term, the President will serve for one year as Past-President. In the event of resignation or inability to serve out the term of President, the Vice-President will be appointed to the Presidency, assuming the office early and completing the partial term as well as his/her own term as President. A vacancy in the office of vice-president/president-elect shall be filled by election.
- The President shall serve as voting member on and preside over the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the ALA/ACRL Chapters' Representative or appoint an ALA/ACRL Chapters' Representative.
- Name chairs and members of committees authorized by the Board of Directors.
- (Re)appoint a Webmaster when the current Webmaster's three-year term has expired.
- Ensure that the Bylaws are reviewed on a regular basis or when necessary.
- Submit a President's Report to the Secretary/Newsletter Editor for each edition of the newsletter.
July: The Treasurer will provide the President with a completed Reimbursement Request form which the President will sign and forward to the National Chapter.
August 15: Submit annual report of Chapter activities to the ACRL office. The report summarizes the Chapter's activities and specifies how the Chapter has met the goals of the ACRL Strategic Plan regarding professional development and legislative issues. The report also notes efforts the Chapter may have made to recruit new members to both the Chapter and to ACRL. Chapters are aware that their funding from ACRL will be withheld if they do not submit an annual report for two consecutive years.
October (odd years): In odd years, the Washington State Chapter is responsible for hosting the combined Washington State Chapter and Oregon Chapter ACRL Fall Conference, including being responsible for the program, registration, and entertainment. Two years prior to the fall conference, the President shall book the fall conference venue. In even years the Oregon Chapter hosts the conference.