2013 ACRL-WA/OR Joint Conference F.A.Q.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. It's very affordable! Please see the registration page.
Q. How do I pay?
A. Online using Paypal (during registration), or by check (made out to ACRL-WA).
To pay your registration by check, please send a copy of the invoice with the check to the following address:
University of Washington, Bothell
18225 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8245
Q: Where is the schedule and programming information?
A. Right here! The detailed program is online, and the link to a printer-friendly schedule is at the bottom of the page.
Q. What should I pack?
A. Dress casually and for comfort. No business attire at this conference!
- Bring out the jeans, fleece, sweatshirts, sweaters, comfy shoes, boots, etc.,
- Bring warm clothes and a raincoat/parka (dare I say umbrella?)
- The meeting rooms at Pack Forest can be cool, and you will be going outdoors to move from one building to another. (Pack Forest also offers some walking trails around the area so plan accordingly if you want to be among nature.)
- You may want an extra blanket. Pack Forest provides bedding but if you like to stay toasty bring a sleeping bag or extra blanket.
- Bring a flash light. The Pack Forest facilities are well lit, but a flashlight can still come in handy.
- Bring ear plugs. Lodging in cabins fits the rustic atmosphere of Pack Forest and helps us keep the conference costs very low, but one often ends up rooming with at least someone who is snoring.
Q. How do I get to Pack Forest?
A. Directions and a map are on the Pack Forest website:
Here is a map of the Pack Forest campus:
Before you leave, PLEASE double check for road construction and mountain pass conditions at the Washington State Department of Transportation website.
Q. When can I check in?
A. Thursday from 11:00 a.m. – noon in Scott Hall.
Thursday lunch will be served from noon to 1pm in the Dining Hall.
We will start at 1:00 pm with announcements followed by the keynote address at 1:15pm
Q. I have dietary restrictions. What can I eat?
A. You will be asked to indicate this on your registration form. For those who request vegetarian or vegan meals OR for those who indicate dietary restrictions, your name will been given to the Pack Forest dining hall workers. As you are going through the line please give them your name to receive your meal.
Q. What are my housing options?
A. Dorms and cabins are available at no extra cost. Houses ($15 extra) and apartments ($20 extra) are available on a first come first serve basis.
Q. Is there a reduced fee if I don’t want to stay overnight at Pack Forest?
A. The conference registration fee includes lodging and meals. We are not able to change the registration fee if you do not want to stay overnight.