ACRL Washington Award for Excellence
2019 Application Deadline: Friday, September 6, 2019
What does the award acknowledge?
The ACRL-Washington Excellence Award recognizes a project that demonstrates excellence in the field by significantly improving Washington State academic or research libraries/librarianship. It is awarded by the Washington Chapter of ACRL.
- Any individual who is employed in an academic or research library in Washington State, OR
- Any group that includes at least one member who is employed in an academic or research library in Washington State.
- ACRL-Washington membership is NOT required.
- Current ACRL-Washington Board Members are not eligible for the award.
What projects qualify?
- Any project that supports the improvement of academic or research libraries/librarianship in Washington State, with at least one member working at a library in Washington State.
- The initiative or project that is the basis of the nomination must have occurred in the previous two years.
What does the award include?
How to Apply (Deadline: September 13, 2019)
Applicants must fill out the application form. They will be required to:
Write a 750-word essay addressing the prompt: Describe your project’s scope and impact on libraries and librarianship in Washington State.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation in support of the project via email (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Friday,
September 6, 2019. Friday, September 13, 2019. Applicants will be notified of a decision by mid-September 2019.